2022 Arts, Culture and Heritage Pilot Grant will help achieve priorities of the Wood Buffalo Culture Plan
The Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo (RMWB) is excited to launch a new pilot grant to support the Wood Buffalo Culture Plan’s vision. Apply online today through the Community Investment Program (CIP) Grant Portal.
Individuals and groups may apply for a maximum of $5,000 for eligible arts, culture, and heritage-related project. the deadline for grant applications December 31, 2022 at 4:30 pm MST or until the total $50,000 funding is exhausted, whichever comes first. The grant will be awarded in order of completed applications received.
What is considered an arts, culture and heritage project?
Arts, culture and heritage projects can include but are not limited to:
- Environmental Arts: architecture, urban design, landscape design, environmental installations
- Heritage Arts: protection, restoration, display and interpretation of heritage archives and materials, artifacts, archeological and heritage sites
- Literary Arts: storytelling, creative writing, prose, poetry
- Media Arts: film/video, photography, sound recording, multimedia, publishing
- Multicultural Arts: ethnic celebrations, festivals, fairs, ethnic-specific performing, visual, literary, craft, folk tales, culinary traditions
- Performing Arts: drama, music, dance, choral, theater, opera, comedic, puppetry, mime, performance art
- Visual Arts: painting, drawing, calligraphy, fiber arts, ceramic arts, mosaics, sculpture, craft, woodworking, metal work, printmaking
A more detailed description of arts, culture and heritage can be found in the Wood Buffalo Culture Plan.
Take advantage of this opportunity and connect with the CIP team to help you navigate the CIP Grant Portal, application process and answer any questions you may have. One-on-one support is available through virtual meetings or over the phone. Please review the grant guidelines in full before your one-on-one meeting. For more information on how to book your one-on-one meeting, contact Pulse.
Completed applications that are received before the deadline will be reviewed to ensure the application aligns with the evaluation criteria and eligibility.
Information on grants offered by the Community Investment Program is available at rmwb.ca/CIP.
For any questions or concerns, please contact Pulse at 780-743-7000, toll-free at 1-800-973-9663 or online at rmwb.ca/pulse.